Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The week of doctor appointments

This has been a busy week. To start off on Monday, Austin had an MRI/MRA in Savannah. We had to be there at 10:00 so we left at 7:00. We go there at 9:30 and got registered. The wait was not long and we were sent back. We had several holding rooms but we were in the pediatric sedation area by 11:00. Austin's scheduled time was at 11:30. After the PO Versed, he did well. He fought the medicine but the IV was alot easier after the Versed. The power of prayer was the greatest help. Sunday night we asked for the congregation to remember Austin on Monday morning from 10-11. While we were in the waiting room, Austin started to get anxious. That was about 10:20. Suddenly, we got a voicemail from a lady at church and we called the preacher. He said he was drying some dishes and was just thinking of us. I know people thinking of Austin and lifting him up in prayer made the difference.

After the MRI/MRA, Austin had a dr appt with Dr. Pearlman at 2:15. We left the hospital around 12:30 and went to Chili's to eat. Austin was a little "loopy" walking in but after he ate some chicken/FF and drank some tea he was back to being Austin. After the appt, we went home and got back around 7:00. It was a LONG day. Gina went with us (A BIG shout-out and thank you to her) so the day was alot easier.

On Tuesday it was Britleigh's turn. She had her annual well check appt and shots. It was time for her 2nd Gardasil shot and her sports physical for cross-country. After her appt and we were checking out, Britleigh looked at me and said "Momma, I am about to fall." She looked at me and I grabbed her as she started to fall. Her knees buckled and she started shaking. It really scared me. It scared Austin too. The nurse ran around the nurse's station and another nurse got a doctor. They took her and put her in a room and laid her down with her legs propped up. After a few minutes, she got her color back and felt okay. The doctor said that reaction was not uncommon after a shot. It was a first for us though.

Before we took Britleigh to the doctor, we took Peanut to the vet. He had to spend the night for "male" surgery. I knew we needed to do it, but I hated leaving him. Chihuahuas are loyal to their masters but do not like strangers. I knew he would not be enjoying his time there. I called and checked on him on the way to Britleigh's appt and he was doing fine.

Today, I had to take Britleigh back to the doctor. She had to have a lab repeated from Tuesday. Also since she almost completely passed out, we were not able to shop for camp clothes. So...after the doctor's office, we went shopping. We did not have a lot of money to spend so it was not a fun shopping trip...just buying what she needed to have.

Wednesday afternoon, we picked Peanut up. He was really glad to see us. He has to take it easy for the next few days. No jumping, etc. He does not seem sore but he has been just laying around.

In the morning I have a hair cut appt then I hope we can go home and relax. I am tired of going and need to get a few things done before we go to the beach. Britleigh has to get packed for camp and Doug will have to work all week. I only wish the whole Rogers family was going.

Austin and I will have a good time with Wynita, Palmer and Gran so we are counting down the days... just 5 more days until the beach!

1 comment:

The Cannon Family said...

LOVE the update! Thanks!

Cannot wait for the beach! I'm trying not to focus on the fact that I actually have to work :(
wsc